Monday, July 11, 2011

Dance Recital 2011



This past year Savannah has been participating in a hip hop/jazz dance class and Lily in a ballet and tap class. Lily was particularly anxious for the show. She loves the costumes and make up and being in the spotlight. Did I mention the make up? Finally it's time for the long awaited dance recital. The girls did a great job and had such a fun time on the stage. We were grateful Aunt Jennifer, Grandma and Grandpa were able to attend their special day.





Backstage with the Rockettes. Lily was happy until I left, its a little claustrophobic backstage. Good thing her friend Bri was there to keep her company.


So stinkin cute! Tap dance " I want to be a rockette"


Ballet recital to the Tangled song I see the light. Mrs. Donna always picks the cutest songs and costumes. She's the best.

Beginning pose with the four girls in Lily's class. The other girls were from another class they combined with for the recital. Bri, Katie, Viola.





So glad Grandpa and Grandma made it. Grandpa was a trooper sitting for 3 hours but i think he thought it was well worth it to see the girls dance. He and Aaron cheered them on!
A very special treat having aunt Jennifer see the show too.


I think I over did it with Lily's make up but oh well she doesn't get that but once a year :) She definitely loves the attention

Spoiled with flowers from their family. Good thing Luke didn't care much that he wasn't in the spotlight. He did say that the recital was "lame" (his new word) cracks me up.


1 comment:

The Stevens said...

Look at you, busy blogging! Awesome. You guys have taken some great pictures. I love these dance recital ones and the birthday petticoats too! Fun.